With 100+ Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #SheEOmagic to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- Kimchi Club has launched redesigned branding and a new look. “Rest assured our delicious kimchis and condiments have the same great taste you all love!”
- Pleasant State is a finalist for favourite online retailer in the 2022 ORIAS People’s Choice Awards. Voting is open until May 31.
- World’s Biggest Garage Sale founder Yasmin Grigaliunas spoke to SmartCompany about the circular economy and “customer intimacy.”
- Aisle was included on a list of non-toxic feminine care essentials that produce minimal waste from Ebony.com.
- Cogni XR Health founder Emma Michel shared her story with LesAffaires.com including how she built an alpha version of Cogni XR after being selected among 100 content developers for the Oculus LaunchPad Bootcamp in 2018.
- Growing Greener Innovations founder Connie Stacey was featured in the latest issue of Disruption Magazine.
- Made with Local founder Sheena Russell was named the winner in the Outstanding Value-Added Business category of Nova Scotia’s 2022 Minister’s Awards of Excellence in Agriculture.
- NJ TRANSIT has announced a partnership with Magnusmode to assist autistic and neurodiverse customers navigate the system as safely and efficiently as possible.
- Nada co-founder and CEO Brianne Miller spoke with Sparx about how Nada is making the world better through their package-free, healthy alternative to traditional groceries.
- Save da Sea Foods founder Aki Kaltenbach was featured by Western Living magazine as a finalist in its 2022 Foodies of the Year.
- Sea Smart founder Elaine Leung spoke with Global News about her story and how her organization delivers ocean conservation education programs.
- Sitti Social Enterprise co-founder Norra Sharrab spoke with Oakville News about the impact of being named one of the grant recipients of the Visa Canada She’s Next Grant Program.
- Skipper Otto and Nada are both featured in a recent BOSS Magazine article about their role in B.C.’s resilient food system.
- With nearly a month to go in the campaign, The Tare Shop has surpassed its $40,000 fundraising goal.
- Better Packaging Co. co-founder Kate Bezar will join New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on her tour of the United States.
- Chia Sisters co-founder Florence Van Dyke wrote an opinion piece on re-using bottles and a proposed national re-use scheme that would see beverage containers carry a 20c deposit that customers would get back after they return empties.
- Pure Peony founder Dot Kettle spoke with Stuff.co.nz about a fundraiser she supported to help women and children displaced from Ukraine. “This is a tangible and easy way for people to show their support and in return get a lasting reminder,” she said.
- Supie founder Sarah Balle said the New Zealand grocery industry is “a really tough environment that requires continuous support from customers and investors.”
- The Hello Cup was included in Cosmopolitan magazine’s 2022 Holy Grail Beauty Awards, a list of the 190 best products and treatments available right now. “It’s actually a bit surreal,” said co-founder Robyn McLean. “Cosmo’s Holy Grail Beauty Awards are a pretty big deal and getting an email to say our flagship Hello Cup has been judged best menstrual cup was pretty surreal.”
- City to Sea has been named a winner in the Escape 100 campaign and is now recognized as one of the top purposeful organizations to ‘escape’ to in 2022.
- City to Sea founder Natalie Fée spoke with Antoine Argouges, CEO of Tulipshare, about shareholder activism and “how shareholder power can make huge changes within organisations from the ground up.”
- Clothes Doctor videos on TikTok explaining why to turn clothes inside out for washing were featured by The Sun.
- MeeToo Education has been shortlisted for the National Social Impact Award at the 2022 Outdoor Media Awards. Winners will be announced on June 16.
- TechPixies founder Joy Foster shared her thoughts on a minimum viable social media posting plan.
- Access Trax founder and CEO Kelly Twichel has been named a 2022 Fellow by the Tory Burch Foundation.
- Brown Toy Box was featured in The Atlanta 100 for representing children of color at an early age, “as early exposure and representation have been found to inspire children to achieve their dreams.”
- Courtroom5 CEO Sonja Ebron was featured by YES! Solutions Journalism as one of three people working to re-balance the scales of justice. “We don’t tell people what the outcome should be or give legal advice, but we do make what the judge wants to see transparent to them,” she said.
- Farm from a Box founder Brandi DeCarli spoke about technology’s role in building climate resilience and food independence in a recent 10×20 interview.
- Sisu Global has been named a 2022 TiE50 Winner, “Silicon Valley’s premier annual awards program, contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide.”