With 78 Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #SheEOmagic to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- Envorinex was granted $1.3 million to build a plastic recycling facility in Toowoomba, Queensland that will keep 8,000 tonnes of waste out of landfills each year.
- Social Good Stuff highlighted Neighbourlytics, World’s Biggest Garage Sale and SheEO Venture Semi-Finalists Young Change Agents, Bindi Maps, Moove + Groove and Clickability as social entrepreneurs who will make an impact in 2021.
- Neighbourlytics predicted 11 ways COVID-19 will change cities.
- Verve Super spoke about ethical investing with the Sydney Opera House.
- World’s Biggest Garage Sale is a finalist for two Banksia Sustainability Awards for its resource recovery partnership with Officeworks. The awards will be presented March 23-24.
- Helga Wear, The Alinker, Satya Organic and SheEO will be part of Canada’s first women-only virtual business mission to Taiwan on March 1-2.
- AVA Technologies was profiled by Startup Canada.
- Think Dirty was featured as the App of the Day in Apple’s App Store.
- Aisle is co-hosting a workshop on values + skills for sustainability champions on March 4.
- Alinker is participating in the LaunchPad Pitchfest at the TravelAbility Summit on April 1.
- Ananda Devices entered a strategic collaboration with Molecular Devices to create technology that will enable automated screening and custom analysis of neuronal growth and connections.
- Joeyband has a giveaway offer going every Friday until March 5.
- Bailly Fragrance in Halifax named Sheena Russell of Made with Local as a local entrepreneur they look up to.
- Nada spoke to CBC’s The National about growing interest in reusable packaging for groceries.
- Mountain Life named Skipper Otto as an example of welcome changes to our food supply systems.
- SomaDetect will be showcased at the Animal AgTech Innovation Summit on March 8.
- Twenty One Toys shared video of its Failure Summit 2021.
- Sue de Bievre of Beany was interviewed by Activator Anna Johnstone on The Female Career podcast.
- The Better Packaging Co. wrote about the power of compost to reduce waste and emissions and also restore soil.
- Chia Sisters is participating in research with Wakatū Incorporation to explore the health benefits of kawakawa, a New Zealand plant with a long history of Māori use.
- MedicGuild sang the praises of DermNet as a website all medical students should know about, calling it “the lord and saviour of resources for everything dermatology.”
- The Hello Cup‘s Robyn McLean talked to FashioNZ about making your period more eco-friendly.
- Kai XR invites you to explore futuristic Black history.
- Callisto was quoted in a Buzzfeed story.
- GreenBiz mentioned Loliware as an example of innovation in the aquaculture industry.
- Novoloop (formerly BioCellection) was featured in Forbes.
- Pandia Health was named to Accelerate, Startup Grind’s invitation-only track for top startups.
- Sisu Global will be pitching at the 2021 South by Southwest pitch competition.
- Solstice addressed the Texas blackouts and spoke about community solar at Aspen Ideas Reset.
- Tyquandra Alrasul El Bey of the SOUL Sisters Leadership Collective spoke out against a school resource officer who used a Taser on a 15-year-old girl in Florida.