With 107 Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what’s happening. Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #SheEOmagic to amplify.
Jump to the country Venture news you want to read:
- Microsoft featured Mikaela Jade of Indigital in its women’s history month salute, and she is part of a related interactive exhibit.
- Christina Hobbs of Verve Super participated in a panel discussion organized by One Roof on the sacrifices women make as entrepreneurs.
- Christina Hobbs of Verve Super shared her advice on managing money and smashing the patriarchy in Frankie.
- Yasmin Grigaliunas of World’s Biggest Garage Sale has the most joyful reaction to winning the Minister’s Award for the Environment at the Banksia Sustainability Awards.
- Here’s Alinker‘s pitch video for Travelability Launchpad.
- Backcountry Wok, Gotcare, and RainStick are part of Spring Activator’s first national Impact Investor Challenge.
- Canary Goods, a bulk refiller, recommended Abeego and Routine as small companies making the environment a priority.
- Aisle published a look at what makes a garment eco-friendly.
- BE Alink of Alinker was featured as one of the Women of Juniper, as part of a community promoting inclusive design and living.
- The AVA Byte from AVA Technologies was included in a Vancouver Sun piece on ways to satisfy one’s pandemic-induced interest in gardening.
- Pamela Fanjoy of Fan/Joy is participating in a pitch competition for space in Guelph on April 13.
- Nina Kharey of Folds was quoted in a Fashion story about the effect of face masks on Canada’s fashion industry.
- NUVO profiled Connie Stacey of Growing Greener Innovations as a leader in Canadian battery technology.
- April Mitchell-Boudreau of Lofttan created the Teara “Fearless” Combination, a jewelry kit created in honour of Teara Fraser of Iskwew Air.
- Magnusmode has partnered with Trader Joe’s to add step-by-step instructions for shoppers with autism to the MagnusCards app.
- Beyond the Waiting Room shared the origin story of Magnusmode.
- REES is a featured social impact startup at Collision on April 20-22.
- World Rugby is testing NeuroFlex from Saccade Analytics to see if eye-tracking technology can help detect concussions.
- Satya Organic products can now be purchased through indigo.ca and is close to launching in the U.S..
- Sisters Sage was featured in the New Westminster Record after its nomination for a Small Business BC award.
- Adventure Travel News highlighted Teara Fraser of Iskwew Air in a piece on admirable women in adventure travel.
- Abeego was cited in Hootsuite’s guide to advertising on Facebook and is part of Nordstrom’s “pop-in” event on package-free goods.
- Skipper Otto has received a $225,000 grant from the B.C. Agritech program for a project to enhance software for independent producers.
- Sitti Soap has launched a gift box with the Galilee Foundation.
- SomaDetect was cited in the Future Today Institute’s newsletter as an example of precision agriculture and machine learning.
- Anu Bidani of STEM Minds Corp appeared on a panel on disrupting the status quo put on by Women of Influence and ventureLAB.
- Make Use Of recommended Think Dirty in a roundup of best apps for beauty enthusiasts.
- Beany advised preparing a cash flow forecast.
- Sourcing Journal hailed Outland Denim’s work with Better Packaging Co.‘s home-compostable courier satchels in a piece on alternatives to plastic packaging.
- Florence Van Dyke of Chia Sisters is on the founding steering committee of Future Food Aotearoa, a project to help support and grow high-impact foodtech companies in New Zealand.
- Chia Sisters turned hail-damaged pears into juice and worked with partners to find buyers.
- Jobloads is a finalist for the Māori Hi-Tech Company of the Year, to be presented on May 28.
- Atlanta Fi profiled Terri Nichelle-Bradley of Brown Toy Box and her decision to curate representation.
- COI Energy raised $590,961 through a crowd-investment campaign that closed April 3.
- Brandi DeCarli of Farm From a Box spoke at a Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society event on The Green ‘She-Covery’.
- Kai XR is part of T-Mobile Accelerator’s spring program to fuel 5G innovation in immersive AR and VR.
- Loliware is moving into the San Jose BioCube alongside other life science innovators.
- Wanona Satcher of Mākhers Studio shared fundraising advice for black female founders with Inc.
- Entrepreneurs for Impact recapped an interview that Wanona Satcher of Mākhers Studio did on The Climate Torch.
- Echoing Green profiled Novoloop and how it brought its first product to market in the middle of the pandemic.
- Dr. Sophia Yen of Pandia Health spoke to NBC Right Now about how her women-founded, doctor-led birth control delivery service works.
- Squared Away, an executive assistant service that employs military wives, saluted Carolyn Yarina of Sisu Global.
- Modern Luxury noted that Pandia Health has now expanded to Georgia, and Malcontent News covered its expansion to Washington.