With 73 Ventures in 5 countries, we are rounding up the news every 2 weeks to share what is happening, it can be hard to keep up to these changemakers! Engage, share + follow using the hashtag #sheeomagic to amplify.
SheEO Podcast + News Round-up
- On the SheEO Podcast Round-up, find the latest podcasts of SheEO Ventures around the world and the most recent episodes of SheEO.World: Impactful Problem Solving with Shazia Khan of EcoEnergy; Women in Tech: A Global Problem with Ally Watson of Code Like a Girl; and what it means to be “radically generous” and “on your own terms”.
- Vicki Saunders contributed to Criterion Institute’s 10 Points Why Gender is Material to Investments in the Recovery.
- ABC News featured Indigital‘s program to use Minecraft and augmented reality to share Indigenous elders’ stories with the next generation.
- Ally Watson of Code Like a Girl was featured in a Herald-Sun spread on the next generation of influential Victorians.
- Envorinex was mentioned in a Bega District News story about Tasmania’s recycling efforts, noting that it “creates new products from old plastics, such as non-contaminated IV bags from hospitals”.
- GoGo Events has launched Period Revolution, a platform to end the stigma around menstruation
- Lucinda Hartley of Neighbourlytics told Real Estate View about the growing desirability of the 20-minute neighbourhood.
- Christina Hobbs of Verve Super came up in a piece on Women’s Agenda about the growth of women’s entrepreneurship and the importance of women supporting women.
- Yasmin Grigaliunas of World’s Biggest Garage Sale was named to the Top 50 Small Business Leaders 2020 list from Inside Small Business.
- Aisle put out the call for menstrual equity.
- Alinker has been sharing video progress reports showing the dramatic impact the Alinker XS has had on a little boy named Luca.
- Margaret Magdesian of Ananda Devices pitched her “neurons on a chip” technology for automating toxicity tests in a way that reduces the gender gap in health data at the Bayer Crop Science International Startup Call.
- Nada discussed the sustainable agriculture movement with BC Eco Seed Co-op and the circular economy with ChopValue. They are also looking for new Advisory Board members for 2021!
- Valerie Song of AVA Technologies is a finalist at the Women Founders Represent pitch competition. Cheer for her on Nov. 19 as she makes a pitch for up to $1 million in investment from the Amazon Alexa Fund and All Raise.
- Here’s a little Q&A with Sheena Russell of Made with Local.
- If you’re motivated by a desire to use less plastic, Nada and Abeego can help you do something about climate change, says The Sound.
- Devon Fiddler of SheNative addressed entrepreneurship and mental health at a Futurpreneur Canada event, where she advised talking about stress instead of hiding it.
- Skipper Otto shared stories from the sea from one of its fishermen.
- Bethany Deshpande of SomaDetect is speaking about New Brunswick’s fertile landscape for the next generation of entrepreneurs at the East Coast Unicorns series on Nov. 24.
- SucSeed celebrated its graduation from the Genesis Enterprise program at Memorial University.
- Saving the journalism industry will require community support, and that means investing in creating a sense of local ownership, Erin Millar of The Discourse told the Toronto Star. To that end, her Indiegraf is hiring a senior audience strategist.
- The California Aggie endorsed Think Dirty as a way to look at beauty labels the way we look at food labels.
- Ilana Ben-Ari of Twenty One Toys was profiled in the Bay Street Bull and started #CoffeeTawks to make it easier to chat with young entrepreneurs, researchers, and designers.
- Two SheEO New Zealand Ventures AWWA and The Hello Cup have teamed up for a special collaboration: AWWA period proof swimwear x Hello Cup!
- Congrats are in order for The Hello Cup who just won the Gold Award at the New Zealand Best Awards in the Colour Product Category!
- Becky Cashman, Founder of Goodbye was interviewed on NBR.
- Guardian Angel Security launched a new product this week: a leading out-of-cell coverage solution for remote workers
- Better Packaging Co.‘s reusable, biodegradable gift packaging is part of actress Phoebe Tonkin’s plan to make her new Lesjour! loungewear collection sustainable, reports the Los Angeles Times.
- Sisu Global‘s Hemafuse device has been introduced in five frontier hospitals in Kenya. The Thomson Reuters Foundation’s TrustLaw Awards recognized Sisu and its legal partners for their impactful work.
- The MIT Sloan Sustainability Initiative shared the origin story of Solstice and its desire to put clean energy into the hands of Americans.
- Farm from a Box‘s Brandi DeCarli was among the speakers who spoke about disruptive innovation at the Women in Management, Business and Public Service (WimBiz) conference in Nigeria.
- Renee Reid of LinkedIn hailed Kai Frazier of Kai XR as “such a visionary that after speaking with her, you just come out feeling like you can do anything” in HubSpot’s name-dropping feature.
- LOLIWARE‘s cups and straws came up in a Springwise article on seaweed-based innovations.
- The Power to Decide campaign to prevent unplanned pregnancy launched its Power Womxn series on FemTech leaders and founders with the support of Pandia Health.