SheEO Summit 2021
Activators, Ventures and Guests are all welcome to these events.
Please feel free to share these events with women + non-binary folks in your network who would like to join.
March 8 + 9, we’re getting to the root of the issues at the SheEO Summit 2021.
Hear from cutting-edge thinkers, innovators, and women working on the World’s To-Do List on what’s next for the economy, education, food security, housing, and more. Participate in main stage content and breakout workshops on Indigenous wisdom, social justice, and the latest in behavioural neuroscience.
Bring your curiosity and your Radical Generosity.
Summit 2021 Program
*Each session is 2 hrs including 30 mins of networking.
Session 1 – venture.world
March 8: 9 – 11am PST / 12 – 2pm EST / 5 – 7pm GMT
Get to action on The World’s To-Do List with SheEO Ventures + Semi-finalists.
- Host: Jam Gamble of #SlayTheMic
- 12pm EST: Collective Impact with Vicki Saunders, founder of SheEO + Minister Mary Ng – Canada’s Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade + special guests.
- 12:36pm EST breakouts: Building a new world with women who are working on the World’s To-Do List
- 1:02pm EST breakouts: Building a new world with SheEO Ventures + Semi-finalists working on the World’s To-Do List
- Energy + Solar Generation with EcoEnergy, Growing Greener + Solstice
- Building Better Cities with Mākhers Studio, EcoFixe, Neighbourlytics + CANN Forecast
- Sick care to health care with Alinker, Gotcare + SISU Global
- Digital by Default – The mass pivot to digital sales and connections with Shopify + SheEO Ventures: Nada + Skwalwen
- 2pm EST: Ask + Give NETWORKING
March 8: 1 – 3 pm PST / 4 – 6 pm EST / 9 – 11 pm GMT
Learn about the many new ways women are using their money to create change in the world.
- 4pm EST: Capital on our own terms – Tracy Gray of Fund 22 & Vicki Saunders, founder of SheEO, deep dive into the issues of allocating capital the SheEO Way
- 4:25pm EST: Funding the 99% – SheEO Activators: Tracy Gray of Fund 22, Cathy Bennett, Karen Cahn of iFundWomen + Nadine Spencer of Black Business & Professional Association. Venture Capital (VC) as the only form of growth capital that matters has taken over our media when in fact, less than 1% of companies need VC. Let’s talk to the 99% of businesses, as we need totally different models and approaches for the rest of our economy.
- 4:45pm EST breakouts:
- Growing Your Sales – Hurriya Burney at RBC + Hannah founder of CMNGD (COMMONGOOD) + SheEO Venture in Residence
- Meet SheEO Ventures who are Raising Capital: Alinker
- Meet SheEO Ventures who are Raising Capital: Made with Local
- Meet SheEO Ventures who are Raising Capital: EcoEnergy
- The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money + Life – Lynne Twist author of The Soul of Money + SheEO Activator
- 5:07pm EST breakouts:
- Activating Your Money for Good – SheEO Activators: Tania Lo, Melina De Guglielmo, Jennifer Button + Nalini Saxena
- Tips to Get the Funding You Actually Want – Delilah Panio, VP of US Capital Formation TMX Group
- Meet SheEO Ventures who are Raising Capital: TechSixtyFour (Gator Watch)
- Meet SheEO Ventures who are Raising Capital: Fat Macy’s
- Meet SheEO Ventures who are Raising Capital: Farm From a Box
- 5:30pm EST: Ask + Give NETWORKING
Session 3 – systems.world
March 9: 8 – 10 am PST / 11 am – 1 pm EST / 4 – 6 pm GMT
Discover new approaches to doing business, addressing systems inequities + transforming economies.
- Host: Jessy Wang, SheEO Activator
- 11:07am EST: Humanizing our system – economics of partnerism – Riane Eisler, JD, PhD (hon), is president of the Center for Partnership Systems (CPS).
- 11:25am EST: Embodied Economics – Denise Hearn author of Myth of Capitalism, Katrine Marçal Bestselling author on women and innovation +Michelle Meagher cofounder of Inclusive competition Forum.
- 11:45am EST breakouts:
- Decolonizing Food – Joshna Maharaj of Take Back the Tray, Brandi DeCarli of Food from a Box + Ayanna Jones of Building up our Youth
- How to Analyze for Power Dynamics in Investment Processes – Alyssa Ely of Criterion Institute + Tania Cheng of SheEO
- Decolonizing your business model: Indigenous Wisdom – Sacred Matriarch Creative, Sisters Sage + Satya
- 12:07pm EST breakouts:
- 12:30pm EST: Ask + Give NETWORKING
March 9: 12 – 2 pm PST / 3 – 5 pm EST / 8 – 10 pm GMT
Learn how to shift your thinking, build resilience + adapt for our changing world.
- 3:07pm EST: Racial + Social Justice: Next Steps with Lutze Segu, Social Justice Doula
- 3:25pm EST: The Defining Power of You – Dr. Elizabeth Lindsey of National Geographic
- 3:45pm EST breakouts:
- 4:07pm EST breakouts:
- Grounded in Sacred Feminine Wisdom – SheEO Activator Andrea Menard – Métis singer/songwriter, actor, speaker
- Activating Intention: Using Your Energy to Bring What You Want into Being – SheEO Development Guide + Author MJ Ryan
- How I Co-Created my SheEO Community – Laura Traxler, Suzanne Barr, Ruby Alcantra + Stephanie Sleight
- 4:30pm EST: Ask + Give NETWORKING
In partnership with:
Watch this recap video from last year's Summit for a taste of what to expect!
Venture Announcements: US, UK + Canada
Leading up to the SheEO Summit 2021, we will be announcing the new SheEO Ventures in 3 countries!
Join us as we ‘Welcome IN‘ the newest cohorts of SheEO Ventures in the US, Canada and our 1st ever UK cohort! Meet the women-led Ventures funded and selected by SheEO Activators, learn about their businesses models and what they need help with, and let’s celebrate the impact we’ve created together through Radical Generosity.